Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Hurricane

Well its been about a week since my last post. I really wanted to make sure I had something I thought was important to say. About five days ago I was really starting to see a realistic perspective on where God is possibly leading me in life. I wanted to focus on exactly what he has for me, and the song,"Hello Hurricane" by Switchfoot kept playing in my mind. I also use twitter, so on there I posted,"Hello hurricane...you can't silence my love." No big deal really just what I was thinking at the moment. Later one of my good friends sent me a tweet back that said,"What if His love is the hurricane?" I read this over and over because at first it seemed as though my friend was just trying to mess with me. Then I began to think," Maybe he is right." What if God's love is the hurricane, sent in to mess things up because you are loving something else more than him. I was completly dumbfounded. Yes I over think things, but this was different.

So what if God sometimes sends in his love to say,"Woah, slow down turbo." Even if our other love is what we believe to be him. Example, say that you work in a church in a specific ministry. You have a meeting, you plan goals, you work out problems within your ministry. Then say you are living that ministry out, and it just doesn't seem as though God is anywhere around. What is the problem here? The problem is most likely your relationship with God. Sometimes we get carried away in the little things of God that we over look why we do what we do, and who we do it for. I have heard pastor after pastor tell me that it is so easy to confuse sermon study with quiet time. If your personal relationship with God takes a back seat to your ministry, then its not your ministry that you have to look out for, and fix, it is your personal relationship with God that you need to concentrate on. God does some pretty out there things sometimes. Remember whenever he had this guy build a massive boat, collect animals from the entire earth, and then told him that everyone should believe and was invited in? What about the twelve guys who had their fishing career radically changed whenever God said,"Follow me," and the did? Sometimes God goes radical to get our attention. Maybe he really wants us to follow him. We easily forget that he can see everything about our life, and as a christian, he can tell us what we should do with our life. We need to just make sure that we always remember that God can be the hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment